- Visit any of our websites (such as https://hithrive.com); visit our social media pages; receive communications from us; or register for, attend and/or otherwise take part in any of our events, tutorials, webinars or contests (collectively “Visitors”); and
- Register to or otherwise use any of the HiThrive Services as a team member or employee of one of our Customers (collectively “Users”), when we act as a controller of your Personal Information.
"You" may, depending on the context, be a Visitor or a User of one or more of the HiThrive Services.
HiThrive follows these principles in order to protect your privacy:
- We do not collect any more Personal Information than is necessary to provide the Services or to fulfill our legitimate business purposes;
- We do not keep your Personal Information after it is no longer needed; and
The information we collect depends on the ways you interact with HiThrive and the choices you make (including your privacy settings), the products and features you use, your location and applicable law.
A. Information We Collect
(i) Information You Provide to Us
When a Visitor to our website contacts us and/or registers for information, or content, we will collect certain personal information so that we may fulfill the Visitor’s request or keep in touch with them in connection with our sales and marketing activities (always in accordance with a Visitor's marketing preferences). The Personal Information we collect and we may have collected in the past twelve (12) months include:
- Identifiers, such as your name and business e-mail address;
- Professional or employment-related information, such as company name, job level, functional role and title;
- Inferences, such as your contact preferences; and
- Any other information you provide to us when completing any "free text" boxes in our forms or when you interact with us in the context of troubleshooting and support.
If you are a User, you (or your team administrator) may provide certain Personal Information to us through the HiThrive Services - for example, when you register for a HiThrive account to access and use the HiThrive Services, when you consult with customer support or send us an email or communicate with us in any way (for example, to make a support request).
The Personal Information we collect may include:
- Business information (such as your name, email address, job title, the person you report to, and country);
- Personal information that you provide to us or that is collected on behalf of our customer as it relates to your employment (such as birth date and start date);
- Troubleshooting and support data (which is data you provide or we otherwise access in connection with support queries we receive from you. This may include, for example, contact data, the content of your chats and other communications with HiThrive, and the product or service you are using related to your help inquiry); and
- Billing information (including your credit card numbers and associated identifiers, billing address and background information, but only where you pay for the HiThrive Services).
If you ever communicate directly with us, we will maintain a record of those communications and responses.
(ii) Information We Collect Automatically
This information we collect includes:
- Identifiers, such as your internet protocol (IP) addresses and browser type; and
- Internet or other electronic network activity, such as your internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
We use this information to analyze trends, to improve and personalize our marketing activities and websites, to administer our websites and guarantee their security and continued proper functioning, to track Visitors’ movements around the website and to gather non-identifiable, demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may link this automatically-collected data to Personal Information provided by Visitors, or to other publicly available information hosted on the internet, so that we can better gauge our Visitors’ needs and provide specific information to best serve them.
When you use or interact with the HiThrive Services, we automatically collect or receive certain information through our Services (for example in log files) and through other technologies (such as cookies) about your device and usage of the HiThrive Services. In some (but not all) countries, including countries in the European Economic Area ("EEA"), UK and Switzerland, this information is considered 'personal data' under data protection laws. Please see the section on Cookies below for more information.
The information we collect includes:
- Log and usage data, which is service-related, diagnostic, usage and performance information our servers automatically collect when you access or use the HiThrive Services and which we record in log files. This log data may include the Internet Protocol (IP) address, device information, browser type and settings and information about your activity in the Services (such as the date/ time stamps associated with your usage, pages and files viewed, searches and other actions you take (for example, which features you use)), device event information (such as system activity, error reports and hardware settings).
- Device data, such as information about your computer, phone, tablet or other device you use to access the HiThrive Services. This device data may include information such as your IP address (or proxy server), device and application identification numbers, location, browser type, hardware model, Internet service provider and/or mobile carrier, operating system and system configuration information.
This information is used to:
- maintain the security of the HiThrive Services;
- provide necessary functionality;
- improve performance of the HiThrive Services;
- assess and improve your experience of the HiThrive Services;
- review compliance with applicable usage terms;
- identify future opportunities for development of the HiThrive Services;
- assess capacity requirements;
- identify customer opportunities and for the security of HiThrive generally (in addition to the security of the HiThrive Services); and
- analyze overall trends, to help us provide and improve the HiThrive Services, and to improve their security and proper functioning.
HiThrive uses a technology called "cookies" to store session information. A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier, which is sent to your browser from a website's computers and stored on your computer's hard drive.
We use both session ID cookies and persistent cookies. A "session ID cookie" expires when you close your browser. We use session ID cookies to track your login status. This cookie is only ever transmitted over HTTPS. A "persistent cookie" remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time. We use persistent cookies to determine from where you were referred to our website, as well as the last user ID that you used to log in. HiThrive may set and access HiThrive cookies on your computer; cookies are required to use the HiThrive Services. You can remove persistent cookies by following directions provided in your Internet browser's "help"directory. If you disable cookies, you may still use our website, but your ability to use some areas of our website may be limited.
“DO NOT TRACK” Setting: Currently, various browsers offer a “do not track” or “DNT” option which sends a signal to websites’ visited by a user about the user's browser DNT preference setting. HiThrive does not currently respond to browsers' DNT signals with respect to the website, in part, because no common industry standard for DNT has been adopted by industry groups, technology companies or regulators, including no consistent standard of interpreting user intent. HiThrive takes privacy and meaningful choice seriously and will make efforts to continue to monitor developments around DNT browser technology and the implementation of a standard.
HiThrive processes personal information for the following business and commercial purposes, and if you are a resident in the EEA or UK, on the legal basis identified below:
- Providing our websites and HiThrive Services: In reliance on our legitimate interest, we process your personal information to operate and administer our websites, and to provide, operate, and maintain the HiThrive Services;
- Communicating with you about the HiThrive Services: We may send you service, technical and other administrative or technical email, messages and other types of notifications (such as distribution and product updates and product patches and fixes) in reliance on our legitimate interests in administering the HiThrive Services and providing certain features. These communications are considered part of the HiThrive Services and in most cases you cannot opt-out of them. If an opt-out is available, you will find that option within the communication itself;
- Providing necessary functionality: We process your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interest to provide you with the necessary functionality required during your use of our websites and HiThrive Services.
- Transactional considerations: We process your personal information to complete transactions, and send you related information, including purchase confirmations and invoices, to perform our contract with you and to the extent necessary in reliance on our legitimate interest;
- Handling contact and support requests: If you fill out a “Contact Us” web form or request support as a User, or if you contact us by other means including via a phone call, we process your Personal Information to perform our contract with you and/or (if we have not entered into a contract with you) to the extent it is necessary for our legitimate interest in fulfilling your requests and communicating with you;
- Developing and improving our websites and services: We process your Personal Information to analyze trends and to track your usage of and interactions with our websites, marketing activities and HiThrive Services to the extent it is necessary for our legitimate interest in developing, improving and troubleshooting our websites, marketing activities and the HiThrive Services and providing you with more relevant content and service offerings, or where necessary, in reliance on your consent;
- Sending marketing communications: We will process your Personal Information for marketing purposes in accordance with your preferences, such as to communicate with you via email about services, features, newsletters or promotions we think may be of interest to you and/or to provide other news or information about HiThrive, in each case in reliance on our legitimate interest in conducting direct marketing or where necessary with your consent. Please see the "Your Privacy Rights" section below, to learn how you can control the processing of your Personal Information by HiThrive for marketing purposes;
- Promoting the security of our websites and services: To the extent necessary for our legitimate interests in promoting the safety and security of our websites and services, we use your Personal Information to investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions, unauthorized access to the websites, HiThrive Services, and other illegal activities;
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, developing new products and features, enhancing, improving or modifying our products and services, identifying usage trends and expanding our business activities in reliance on our legitimate interests; and
- Complying with legal obligations: We process your Personal Information when cooperating with public and government authorities, courts or regulators in accordance with our legal obligations under applicable laws to the extent this requires the processing or disclosure of Personal Information to protect our rights or is necessary for our legitimate interest in protecting against misuse or abuse of our websites, the HiThrive Services, protecting personal property or safety, pursuing remedies available to us and limiting our damages, complying with judicial proceedings, court orders or legal processes or to respond to lawful requests.
- Reviewing compliance with applicable usage terms: We process your Personal Information to review compliance with our contract with you or your organization (where applicable) to the extent that it is in our legitimate interest to ensure adherence to the relevant terms; and
- Other purposes: We will process your Personal Information for other purposes about which we notify you in advance, or for which we receive your consent.
Legal or regulatory bodies and agencies: HiThrive will share your information, including Personal Information, in order to respond to investigations, court orders, legal processes, or to investigate prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of HiThrive’s Terms of Service, or as otherwise required by law. If HiThrive is required by law or an order of a court of competent jurisdiction to disclose your information, HiThrive will promptly notify you of this requirement, if permitted by the court or applicable law, so that you may seek a protective order or other appropriate relief.
Service providers: In order to provide our websites, the HiThrive Services to you and undertake our marketing and business activities, it may be necessary for us to disclose your information to contracted third parties and service provider partners who perform certain functions on our behalf. Examples include payment providers (to authorize, record, settle and clear payment card transactions); cloud hosting providers (to provide data storage and processing services); communications providers (to process new queries and to manage our emails); and analytics companies to perform analysis. These third-party service providers or vendors may use data we provide to them only as instructed by HiThrive.
Business transfers: If HiThrive is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or apportion of its assets, Personal Information may be transferred to the acquiring person or entity, in which case you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any such change in ownership or uses of Personal Information, as well as any choices you may have regarding Personal Information.
All of your Personal Information remains private and confidential. The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We take appropriate security measures to protect the personal information collected against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction. These include, but are not limited to, internal reviews of: (a) HiThrive’s data collection; (b) storage and processing practices; (c) electronic security measures; and (d) physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where HiThrive stores personal information.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we are committed to protecting your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you provide to us.
All HiThrive employees, contractors and agents who access personal information are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution or unauthorized use or disclosure of personal information.
For additional information about our security measures, please see our security policy.
When acting as a controller, and depending on your location, your jurisdiction, and subject to applicable law, you may have the rights below with regard to the Personal Information we control about you. We will respond to your requests within the appropriate timeline under applicable law.
- The right of access means that you have the right to request that we disclose what Personal Information we have collected, used and disclosed about you. You can do so at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The right of deletion means that you have the right to request that we delete Personal Information collected or maintained by us, subject to certain exceptions. As mentioned above, you can do so at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
- The right to non-discrimination means that you will not receive any discriminatory treatment when you exercise one of your privacy rights.
- You can also ask us to correct or update your Personal Information; object to the processing of your personal information; ask us to restrict processing of your Personal Information or request the portability of your Personal Information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If we have collected and process your Personal Information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your Personal Information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent
We will retain your Personal Information for as long as is necessary to fulfill the services that you have requested, comply with any laws or regulations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. Data entered into the HiThrive Services and processed on behalf of our Customers as a service provider or processor is retained in accordance with any applicable agreement between HiThrive and its Customer.
Our website and services are not targeted at children under sixteen (16) years of age. As such, HiThrive does not process or disclose Personal Information of minors under sixteen years of age. If you believe we have collected personal information about a child under sixteen, please contact us at email@example.com.
As mentioned above, HiThrive may provide third parties with certain personal information to provide or improve our products and services, for example to deliver products or services at your request. In such cases, we require those third parties to handle the information in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. HiThrive does not sell personal information to third parties (pursuant to California Civil Code §§ 1798.100–1798.199, also known as the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018), nor does HiThrive share personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes (pursuant to California Civil Code Sec.1798.83).
Your personal information may be transferred to, and processed in the United States and in any other country where HiThrive or its affiliates, subsidiaries or third party service providers maintain facilities or personnel. These countries may have data protection laws that are different to the laws of your country. We follow applicable data protection laws when transferring personal data. If you are resident in or a visitor from the EEA, United Kingdom or Switzerland, we will protect your Personal Information when it is transferred outside of such locations by processing it in a territory which the European Commission has determined provides an adequate level of protection for Personal Information; or otherwise implementing appropriate safeguards to protect your Personal Information, including through the use of Standard Contractual Clauses or another lawful transfer mechanism approved by the European Commission.